Thursday, January 28, 2010

My new project.
I'm having a tough time with that bird. It doesn't sing at all and it doesn't call to me but this piece of labradorite sure does! I find that it responds well to greens and dusty rose. I don't know what else I'm going to do, but here is a hint of things to come and I did go and by some beads that are labradorite too. They are gorgeous faceted beads - bigger than and 8, smaller than a 6. They have the most incredible flash! More blue than this stone, I might add.

I am so hoping that this project gets my muse back in it's mojo because I do want to do birds for the beaded journal project and they just aren't flying!!! I am thinking about changing the type of bird and the colours I started with aren't that great.
I've also decided that I do not like beaded words. Really. I don't like the look of it. So I'm probably going to rip it out and find another way to add words.

Oh and I am loving this new camera! Doesn't it take great pictures! I have a bunch to learn about it, but it's very forgiving.
Cheers, Denise
















1 comment:

Ellen said...

What a gorgeous hunk of stone Denise & you have got it off to a great start!! I love the green pearls with it, they go together well!