Monday, May 14, 2007

A Few Odd's and Ends

Hi All,
I am working on a secret project. I belong to Bead Art at Delphi forums and we are having a competition with "Through the Looking Glass" as the theme. Now the thing is, I got inspired to participate rather late in the day - or month and when I finally did have an "ahahaha" moment, I have had to scramble to create. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It is the reason why you haven't seen any art work though.

On another front, I have decided to join The 2007 Bead Journal Project that Robin Atkins has started. It will be fun, and inspiring and hopefully a real learning experience for me. Go to here blog if you want more information. Sign-ups go until the end of May.

Here are a couple of pictures from mothers day. We went to the Ottawa Tulip Festival - something we always do for mother's day. I love the tulip festival, it has such a great feel to it and yesterday was such a wonderful day weather wise!




Here is picture of me and my girls that Drew took yesterday. I'm the redhead. Claire is the one in the red sweatshirt but Emerald has her back to you - Haley with her arm up. The Asian lady isn't part of my family.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhXyvEQmSqGgZoN-ISrbWOABIepLYOMAILVLtL8W8QpTdTQpORuLyxGQCyrzNeqIwKpdpicO1qmuE31J5gtZHFjdvYoICK8TsLol9f1q1Pbl7V-CO4M3seoniKsFNUK83wFPsnmCQ/s1600-h/girls+and+mom.jpg">


Haley is also in the picture with her cow tulip.






Did you know that Parliment Hill in Ottawa has a cattery? It's a house for cats and these cats live outside all year long. Look how well taken care of they are! We have been up there in the winter time and these cats have the thickest coats! It's very cool, very old fashioned and kinda sweet - the kids love to visit the cats!

Also here is a picture of our beautiful provincial flower - the trillium! This was a wonderful little bike ride with the girls.



I'll keep you posted with some stitching I've been doing for a round robin and a few other art projects I'm involved in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise,

Thank you so much for the link.
I will check out the site.
What beautiful beaded pieces you have made. WOW! You have certainly inspired me to find my copy of Robin's book and start beading again.
Thank you so much,
Alma