Friday, July 20, 2007

What I have been doing and What I want to do!

Pictures of the BFAC project.





Sometimes you get to a point in the project where you just want to hurry up and finish so you can move on to the next thing. I'm at that with this project. I'm looking forward to the next part - working on the skirt of it (which you haven't seen yet) but I have to do the hair. Despite the generous contributions from a couple of other beaders, I still don't have enough white beads to finish the hair so I'm going to use the gold beads that I added to this BFAC project. My goal is to have this project finished before I go away on holiday. I'll mail it when I get back.

In other news, I'm looking forward to working on this project!


This is Nanabush. Nanabush is a mythical creature in Aboriginal legends. He has different names and creates messages, and mischief and sometimes angst for his people. I read about him first in a play written by a Canadian Playwright. The Play is called "The Rez Sisters" and the writer is Thompson Highway.
I bought this form when I was up at Bon Echo Provincial Park. I saw it a year ago and then this year I bought it with the intention of beading it. I don't know yet what will go on it - Nanabush often took different forms, including that of the crow. He is also known as the trickster but this particular form is from a picture that is painted on the rocks at Bon Echo - a petroglyph. They don't know how old it is and it's not very accessible. It's painted on a sheer rock face above the water and they have a telescope set up to see it at the park. I think this doll will ecompass lots of different elements, different types of beads and lots of texture. I made the face yesterday.





These are some of my most favourite beads! They are tiny little flowers and the local supplier for one of my local bead stores is discontinuing them. When I found that out, I had to buy up what I could afford! I love these beads, they are great in fringe, great used as a sequin type, can be used in as spacers in jewellery! They make great coral beads or neat moss. Nanabush will definitely have some!
So each bag is 600 each and hopefully they will last me for a bit.

Back to the fringe!!!!

6 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Dolls are so much fun to make, aren't they??

GraceBeading said...

Hi Denise... your BFAC is coming along nicely, I look forward to seeing it finished and I know the feeling of wanting to get it done to move on to the next project. Love the nanabush too, neat form. I'm working on a doll too - I must between BJP pages, it seems it all leads back to dolls for me :-)

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Really, really, fantastic. This is one gorgeous piece of art.

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Denise, I love all your beautiful beading -- and your BFAC piece is stunning.

Judi D said...

The BFAC is looking great. What a great Nanabush form.

Dianne said...

Hey Denise.
I love the doll fabulous beading, and I love her hair its so cool.
I'll be really looking forward to seeing the Nanbush doll it gonna be wild...
My DS cottage is on the French River on the North Chanell, I love to visit there..