Sunday, July 08, 2007

Beading Projects

Hello! Hello!!
So, as you can see, I've been beading, not blogging!!!
The first two pictures are my July page, started but not finished. I'm having a lot of fun with it and have a few neat ideas to try out. The face was an experiment in netting and the netting is too big but I'm going to add some stuff to it and of course more beads!




I know most of you thought that the green flower picture was the June page but the leaves are too heavy and it bothered me because they ended up stretching the thread too much. I'm going to do something with that page, just not sure what yet.
In the mean time though, I've had in my minds eye for a very long time this beaders painting pallet and I really think it works for the first page of this journal. It was a lot of fun and I made the beads very bumpy and tactile, like a real pile of beads. I'm going to put a pocket on the back and add my journalling to it but I think it turned out great and the girls think it's cool too!


This is a progress picture on the Beading For a Cure doll that I am working on. It's going to take priority for the next little bit because it has to be finished to be mailed out by the end of the month. I'm really focusing on texture and layering and while parts of it I'm not happy with yet, I know that I still have lots to do and it will work itself out.
That's all for now!
Cheers, Denise

9 comments:

abeadlady said...

First, did you dye that fabric yourself or buy it? It's gorgeous. How you not bead something fantastic on that?

Love the June page! It just sort of says it all. We do paint with beads don't we?
Arline

Aurora said...

hey denise! I really love your beaded palette board! what a great idea!

Genevieve said...

Hi Denise... I love your beaded paint palette! Things have been crazy and I'm still working on my June journal page.

The Lone Beader® said...

I love that beader's paint palette! That is very creative!! :)

KV said...

This bead palette is wonderful! And I love your doll ideas, too.

Kathy V in NM

Lillian said...

Hi Denise,

I've always loved painting palettes and your texture really is wonderful :o) Great start to July also! And the beading around your doll's face is incredible. Thanks for sharing, Lillian in WA

GraceBeading said...

Wow... neat page for June, it quite a change from where you originally started (love those daggers though), but is wonderful just the same. And I LOVE your doll for BFAC. Am looking forward to seeing how you finish it.

Jacqui said...

Firstly a comment on your previous post. I thought I was the only one who got hot under the collar when I don't see my name on a blog roll if I make comments on a frequent basis. Your comment made me feel a bit better.

However, I have discovered the joy of bloglines where I can see if people are posting on a regular basis. So now I only put links to blogs or website that I know are different from the the ones I normally like such as yours.

However, having briefly read your blog I can see from the number of comments your receive, you are well liked. Moi on the other hand barely gets any comments.

Anyway on to this post, your doll in the making is amazing. Your July page looks like its going to very interesting and the palette is a brilliant.

PS I have added you to my BJP bloglines list.

Dianne said...

Your page is turning out beautiful, the pallet is gorgeous, perfect first page for your journal..