Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What am I working on?

I'm working on my needle case. I took a crazy quilt class to learn the technique and I made my patch into a needle case. What have I learned? There is a reason for people like me in class to be made an example of - what not to do! By the end of the class people were saying - "Oops I did a Denise!" Good thing I knew many of these women! They won't soon be forgetting me either!
Another thing I learned is that there is a quarter inch seam allowance for a reason! And now you know that while on the surface, it may look okay, in reality, there were a couple of seams that didn't take - because I made them too thin. I'll remember for next time. Not a whole lot of good reasons for doing all that work just to have the seam pop.
One other thing. I need to practice the tension on my embroidery. I've pulled too much and the material is buckling. Practice. We all just love to practice don't we?
So, without further ado, here is the needle book - not finished but a work in progress. I love the colours!!!

No comments: